RM believed there was only one thing more comfortable than a new R.M.Williams boot. And that’s an old R.M.Williams boot, one that has become a trusted friend, that has shaped itself exactly to the eccentricities of your foot. Such a boot is to be treasured, to be maintained and preserved for years of faithful, comfortable wear. Which is why we offer our Boot Repair Service.
Some services are only available in-store or from a licensed repairer as the boot needs to be physically examined.
The re-manufacture of the boot – only the upper leather, lining, tugs, and elastics remain (all other components are replaced). The removal and replacement of the outer soles and heels (including the shank, cork-filler, and welt strip) AND the innersole.
Innersoles are a very important component in footwear and should be in a reasonable condition at all times. A relast is required for a number of reasons but the most common reason is the poor condition of the innersoles. Moisture, heat or age can cause the innersoles to deteriorate and no longer be able to perform.
In order to perform a relast, the boot linings need to be in a reasonable condition. Where the linings are worn or contain holes, they will require replacing, resulting in a 'relast and lining' repair.
RELAST AND LINING
The re-manufacture of the boot – only the upper leather, tugs and elastics remain (all other components are replaced, including the linings). A relast is required to replace linings, therefore a 'relast and lining' repair is required for worn or torn linings.
ALTERING THE BOOT SIZE OR FITTING
A relast is required to alter the boot size or fitting. Only footwear manufactured with a screwed or welt sole can be altered. The following alterations can be made.
• Size increase – ½ size only
• Size decrease – a maximum of one full size only
• Width increase – a maximum of one width only
• Width decrease – a maximum of 2 widths only
Note: A width increase is only possible when the toe shape does not change.
CHANGING SOLE TYPES
The following changes can be made to the sole of the boot during a re-sole and heel or a relast:
• a plain leather welt can be changed to plain rubber welt (and vice versa)
• a comfort leather welt can be changed to comfort rubber welt (and vice versa).
• Dynamic Flex and Screwed soles cannot be changed.
• Plain innersoles cannot be replaced with comfort innersoles (and vice versa).
CHANGING HEEL TYPES
The following changes can be made to the heel of the boot during a re-sole and heel or a relast:
• a block heel can be changed to a Cuban heel (and vice versa)
• a flat heel can be changed to a ladies tapered flat heel (and vice versa).
Note: High heels cannot be changed to flat heels (and vice versa).