Burnished leather, natural leather sole
Handcrafted in Australia, the Chinchilla has all the hallmarks of an artisan boot, with a hand burnished finish, chisel square toe, flat heel, fully lined upper, brown elastics and leather sole with natural stained edge.
Our burnishing technique on our Chinchilla Boot is an Italian inspired artisanal method, with Australian craftsmanship bringing out the richness and true characteristics of leather. First the boot upper is cut from unfinished hide; Italian dye is then applied by hand. This is followed by hours of polishing and buffing, with particular attention paid to the toe and heel. Colours are worked and re-worked to create a mesmerising tonal transition, and each one-piece-of-leather boot travels through 90 pairs of hands as it’s made. The process creates a beautiful richness and unique highs and lows on a boot.
- European crust leather
- Burnished finish
- Full kid lining
- Double Branded tugs
- Elastic sided boots
- Chisel toe
- Flat heel
- Leather sole
- Crafted from one piece of leather
- Made in Australia
Material: Burnished leather
Our boots are made to last but even the toughest boots need a little care every now and then. The Goodyear welt construction means soles can be replaced over and over, as long you look after your leathers. With every wear, you’ll add character and personality but there are a few simple steps you can take to ensure your pair goes the distance.
- Clean off dirt and grime with a damp cloth
- This is a character finish so will be more inclined to show signs of wear
- Leather conditioner, cleaner and coloured polish can damage the natural finish
- To keep the leather moist and supple, lightly apply Stockman's Boot Polish in natural only
- It is normal for a small amount of excess dye to come off during the first polish- this will not affect the overall finish.
- If worn in wet weather, make sure you let the leather dry naturally before next wear
Free Delivery on orders over AU $150.
'In Stock' items shipped in 5-7 business days
All ‘Special Order 6-8 weeks’ boots purchased after the 13th of November will not be shipped before Christmas, please allow 10-12 weeks for delivery.
Free extended Christmas returns in store & online.
Sale and Peak Periods
While we do our best to get your order to you as quick as possible. Due to higher demand in sale and peak periods, please allow for slight delays in the delivery of your order.