Handcrafted in Australia from European crust leather, the Chinchilla Boot has all the familiar, artisanal qualities of a classic R.M.Williams boot, with a hand burnished finish, chisel square toe, leather sole, and double branded tugs.
Handcrafted in Australia by 80 pairs of hands
Uniquely crafted from one piece of leather for comfort and strength
Goodyear welt construction for comfort, durability and sustainability
Handcrafted in Australia, the Chinchilla has all the hallmarks of an artisan boot, with a hand burnished finish, chisel square toe, flat heel, fully lined upper, brown elastics and leather sole with natural stained edge.
Our burnishing technique on our Chinchilla Boot is an Italian inspired artisanal method, with Australian craftsmanship bringing out the richness and true characteristics of leather. First the boot upper is cut from unfinished hide; Italian dye is then applied by hand. This is followed by hours of polishing and buffing, with particular attention paid to the toe and heel. Colours are worked and re-worked to create a mesmerising tonal transition, and each one-piece-of-leather boot travels through 90 pairs of hands as it's made. The process creates a beautiful richness and unique highs and lows on a boot.
- Chisel square toe
- Flat heel
- European crust leather
- Burnished finish
- Leather sole
- Full kid lining
- Double Branded tugs
- Elastic sided boots
- Crafted from one piece of leather
- Made in Australia
Get the best out of your boots by keeping them clean. Look after your boots and they'll look after you.
- Only clean lightly with a damp cloth.
- Note: do not use any leather cleaner or conditioner. Leather conditioner will drastically alter the appearance of the burnished boots and will darken aniline leathers due to the unprotected finish of the leather.
Use R.M.Williams Stockman's Natural Boot Polish regularly to protect and maintain the look of your boots.
- Apply R.M.Williams Stockman's Natural Boot Polish with a clean cloth and rub in well.
- Allow polish to rest on the surface and penetrate leather for a minute.
- Finish with a buffing brush to obtain a high shine.
- Note: when you polish your boots the first couple of times, a small amount of excess dye may come off – this will not affect the overall finish.
EVERY BOOT NEEDS THE OCCASIONAL TUNE UP.
RM believed there was only one thing more comfortable than a new R.M.Williams boot. And that’s an old R.M.Williams boot, one that has become a trusted friend, that has shaped itself exactly to the eccentricities of your foot. Such a boot is to be treasured, to be maintained and preserved for years of faithful, comfortable wear. This is why we offer our Boot Repair Service.RESOLE AND HEEL
The removal and replacement of the outer soles and heels.REPLACE HEEL STACK
The heel stack is the stack of leather above the heel rubber that makes up the heel.REPLACE HEEL RUBBER
The heel rubber can be replaced individually, without the additional cost.
Delivery & Returns
Delivery is FREE for orders over AU$150PREMIUM STARTRACK SERVICE
COMPLIMENTARY & EASY RETURNS*60 DAY RETURN PERIOD
- FREE for orders over AU$150
- AU$10 for orders under AU$150
- 'In Stock' items are delivered within 3-5 business days
- All 'Special Order' items are shipped in 6 - 8 weeks
- Return via Australia Post or Parcelpoint
- Drop off parcel at your nearest Australia Post or Parcelpoint location
- In-store exchange & return - exchanges only processed in-store
- You will receive your refund within 2-5 business days after we receive your return
- *Returns or exchanges are not accepted for Made On Demand purchases.